InnoSewa, is a Digital Services company helping clients in Digital Transformation & Automation. We constantly make every effort to provide best services to our clients along with making ways for youth to involve into mainstream.Read More
How to get best out of google maps for business?
Are you a local business that serves customers at a physical address?
Then you must snatch the golden opportunity to grab consumer attention with the ultimate local guide, on a mobile device including the iPhone and iPad as well as all Android device products.
- Searches including the phrase “best place to buy” with the applicable product or service keyword grew by 70%between 2015 and 2018.
- local searches are growing 50% faster than overall mobile searches.
- “Near me” searches also rose by 500%in recent years. These include searches like “car dealerships near me” and “wedding dresses near me.”
Let’s get started with Google Maps marketing and drive qualified local traffic to your store even with walking turn-by-turn navigation if you choose.
The first step to making your business easier to find on Google Maps remains the same. Go to Google My Business and claim a listing for your business. This listing will appear in the search and maps results. A site responsive to a mobile device will outperform one that isn’t.
Google emphasizes that the information you provide about your business must be accurate.
Google determines your business location and presents your listings in its results based on the presence and accuracy of NAP – Name, Address, and Phone number (with local area code). On-Page SEO is the simplest marketing ingredient that you need to take care of as a business owner.
You need to take extra care, while providing data about your business. Give your address, right down to your street and floor number. And, it must appear EXACTLY the same way across the internet – on your website and other local directories. Even the formatting of your address should remain the same.
Setting up your Google My Business profile is a critical part of local SEO.
- Set up a new Google Account Or access your Google My Business login, if you have one.
- Head to google.com/business and click ‘Manage Now’.
- Click on Add business to Google
- Enter your business name
If you have the same name as another business in your region, you’ll see the autocomplete function suggest those businesses for you.
- Choose Business Category
- Enter Business Location
- Google will show business names that match with your business name, If your business is not among those select none of these.
- Locate your business on Google Map.
- Specify service areas (Service Area Businesses only)
- Enter your Contact Number & website address / URL
- Complete & Finish your business listing
- Verify your Business using available methods
Google needs to be able to prove that your business is where you say it is, and for entirely new GMB profiles, you have three options:
Postcard verification: This is the most-used verification process, and is available to all businesses. With this process, a verification postcard will be sent to the address you entered earlier (it should reach you within five days). Once received, you can enter the code in your GMB account to verify the business. If your code doesn’t show up, you can click the ‘Request another code’ banner at the top of the screen in GMB.
Phone verification: Some businesses have the option to verify their listing over the phone. You’ll know you’re eligible if you see the ‘Verify by phone’ option at the beginning of the verification process. Using this process, you’ll receive an automated message with a verification code, that you’ll then need to enter into GMB.
Email verification: Like phone verification, this is only available to some businesses, and you’ll know you qualify for it if you see the ‘Verify by email’ option. This simple process sees you receive a verification code in the inbox of the Google Account associated with the GMB listing and entering it at the verification stage. Be sure you have access to this inbox before proceeding with this option.
Once you have an officially verified listing, it’s time to optimize your Google My Business!
Now you can:
- Add photos and videosto your listing
- Write and optimize a compelling business description
- Use Google My Business Q&Asto understand your audience
- Create Google My Business Poststo showcase offers and promotions
- Addservice menus and product collections
- Encourage your most loyal customers to ‘Follow’ you on Google Maps
- Start requesting and managing Google Reviews
Use the Google My Business app to:
- Update your business hours, location, contact information, and description
- Post statuses and pictures
- View search insights
Dive into and make use of Google My Business Insights, to learn things like:
- How many people visit your website
- How many people searched for driving directions
- How many people called you
- How many people viewed photos of your business